Our Expert Interview Series gives us an opportunity to share our incredible members with you all, and to share a little behind the scenes into the individual(s) behind the brand. We’ve been so blessed to have been able to introduce you to wedding planners, decorators, stationery designers, bridal designers and so much more, and we promise that there are so many more wedding professionals that we will be sharing with you all very soon.
Today, we are so thrilled and honoured to be introducing you to one of our newest members, and one of the top event planners in the Dominican Republic, Jennifer Collado from Jennifer C. Wedding & Event Agency.
We’re pretty certain that by the end of this interview, you will be so grateful that you hopped on over to Adriana Weddings today, because Jennifer is simply amazing! Happy Monday guys, and don’t hesitate to check out her profile on Adriana Weddings or her website to get in touch with her now.
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself and your amazing company.
My ability to create delightful wedding experiences is a product of my deep passion for everything ‘wedding’. I specialize in creating memorable, one-of-a-kind weddings that redefine wedding experiences for my clients, their families, and their guests.
As a career Hospitality professional with 13 + years of experience in world-renowned organizations, I have perfected the art of event planning, organizing, execution, and delivering exceptional customer service.
Jennifer C. Agency specializes in destination weddings in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. From the hotel options for wedding groups, transportation, additional activities and of course the day of the wedding.
2. Did you always know that you wanted to be in the wedding industry? What early experiences led you to become a wedding planner?
The reality that my work was near the hospitality area was very important to me. From since I was young, I have always been interested in helping tourists find any information about the country that they needed.
I launched myself with my career in event planning at the Hard Rock Cafe in 2006 in Santo Domingo. As the Events Manager, I organized a wide array of events including – concerts, corporate events, extravagant birthday parties, and quinceaneras.
After gaining years of valuable experience, I decided to expand my horizons even further. Then I started working on a Wedding and event Boat in Punta Cana. Here really, I got a taste of weddings for the first time. And right away, I knew that I loved this world!
I realized I could use my talents to create beautiful events and make people’s dreams come true! Then over time, I began making plans to start my own agency, and finally launched in 2016.
3. How would you describe your style?
Sophisticated, elegant, pale colours, although most of the weddings held are colourful because I’m in the Caribbean.
4. What inspires your incredible designs/décor?
I get inspiration easily, with the simple colour that the bride wants and knowing the style that she wants at the wedding. I can imagine how the entire wedding will turn out in no time.
5. What services does Jennifer C. Wedding & Event Agency offer?
We offer the following services:
- Standard Wedding Planning
- Full-Service Planning
- Day of Coordination
- Destination Wedding Weekends
Each service offered can be fully customized to best suit the desires and requirements of every couple. In close relation to every couple, the company’s team of event planners can allow each couple’s personalities and message to shine through during their special day.
6. What is your favorite part of your job as a wedding planner in the Dominican Republic?
I love to see the excitement of the bride and groom when they arrive at the wedding venue, which is almost always on the beach, with a spectacular front view.
Also, the quality that we have to carry out weddings and events. We enjoy with the client and show the best of our culture.
7. Any tips for brides to be when searching for their dream destination wedding planner?
- Make a video call with the wedding planner to check the chemistry that you both have, since the planning time is normally 12 months and you will be in constant contact.
- Verify that the wedding planner has experience in destination weddings, since there are specific planning parts for this type of wedding. It is quite different from local weddings.
- The destination planner must have knowledge of the country where the wedding will take place so that she will keep you informed of the latest government updates regarding any law and also of the new normal with the pandemic.
8. What advice would you give to couples who are currently planning their destination wedding during covid-19?
* Love is not cancelled. Take the corresponding precautions. Verify that all your guests before traveling have the updated proof before traveling. Thus, upon arrival in the country, the migration departure process is faster.
* Always wear masks and only remove for photos.
* It is recommended to hold a maximum of 50 guests’ weddings. Most wedding venues are accepting only a percentage of the amount they normally allow.
9. What do you think makes the Dominican Republic the perfect destination for any couple?
The beauty of Dominican Republic is a fairytale come to life, complete with white-sand beaches against azure waters, lush green forests and majestic mountaintops. But the country’s allure for couples doesn’t stop at natural beauty. Dominican Republic offers world-class accommodations and tourist attractions that make it the premier Caribbean destination for romance travel, from engagements and weddings to honeymoons and anniversary celebrations.
10. What’s next for your Jennifer C. Wedding & Event Agency?
We want to position ourselves as the number one option for destination events in the Dominican Republic. We want for couples to not only see us as wedding organizers, but also to be able to carry out large corporate and social events.