If you’re looking for a hairstylist with a knack for designing the most elegant updos, then you have come to the right place darlings! As part of our “Expert Interview” Series, we would love to introduce you to the lovely Jessica Pouchet from Styl Bar.
For the past few years since launching her brand in 2017, Jessica has worked with countless brides and bridesmaids, and continues to create some gorgeous looks for her clients. We are so honoured to have Jessica as a member of our Adriana Wed Vendor Guide, and cannot recommend her services enough to our Trinbagonian brides-to-be who are searching for their dream hairstylist.
Keep scrolling to meet Jessica, and find out how you can hire her for your wedding day!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your company.
Hi! My name is Jessica. I’ve been a certified hairstylist for 9 years but working in hair even before that! I started Styl Bar in 2017. My favourite thing is to blow-dry & style.
2. What made you become a hair stylist, and how long have you been working within the wedding industry?
My first job as a teenager for pocket money was a receptionist position every Christmas and Summer in my mom’s friend salon. After a couples years of doing that, I got really good with styling my own hair. One day her assistant didn’t come out to work and she said I had to help her do a blow-dry and that I was going to act like I did it all the time. After that I started going to her weddings with her to help prep, and the rest is history! I always credit her completely for making me try something I was unsure about and fall in love with it.
3. What inspires your incredible styles?
Media mostly. I love fashion, and the looks put together on a whole. So, the shoes, venue, dress…everything I think needs to be considered. I just draw similarities to other looks that I have seen or go with what the client wants ofcourse.
4. What is your favourite part of creating beautiful hairstyles for brides and bridesmaids?
Mostly the excitement of the whole day. Everyone is happy and the the days just tend to have good vibes, and ofcourse it takes me all over to awesome venues.
5. What is the most challenging part of being a wedding hair stylist?
Pleasing everyone. Sometimes you have eight bridesmaids who have “no idea” what they want or even which side they part their hair. But they trust as you spray the last spray on their finished head they will remember their hair actually parts to the left. They hate all back because of a forehead thing, and ponytails in general more than buns. LOL!
6. What was the most unique request that you ever received from a bride for her wedding day?
To shot Jägermeister with them as they got ready. I declined haha.
7. Do you have any exciting projects coming up this year?
A lot of my friends are getting married this year, along with their sisters, so I am definitely busy with weddings this year. Very excited!
8. How can brides get in touch with you to book your services for their wedding day?
Brides can send me a private Direct Message on Instagram – @stylbartt or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Do you have any recommendations for brides when they are looking for their dream hair stylist?
Always do a trial – always!